Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the posts of Staff Nurse, in the Ministry of Health and Environment.
- Certification in General Nursing
- Certification in Regional Examination for Nurse Registration or similar licensing examination for Registered Nurses
- Applicants must be licensed by the General Nursing Council for Dominica
- Post Basic Training or specialization will be an asset
- Work experience as a Staff Nurse will be an asset
- Implements the district/ community health programmes in order to foster health consciousness and to promote clients' well-being
- Implements the child health programme in the district/community to facilitate quality nursing care
- Provides family planning services to facilitate the implementation of the programme
- Provides follow-up nursing care for diabetic and hypertensive patients to facilitate the provision of primary health care services
- Provides admission and discharge services to facilitate the delivery of health care and promote patient's well being
- Provides general nursing care services to facilitate the delivery of quality health care to individual patients within the hospital or district/community
- Performs other related activities to facilitate the smooth functioning of the department
- Applicant must be prepared to work in a hospital or community setting
- Applicant must be capable of working on day and night shifts
Applications should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health and Environment
Commonwealth of Dominica
Tel: (767) 266 3260
Application forms (PDF, 569 KB) are also available from the desk of the Principal Nursing Officer, Ministry of Health and Environment.
The deadline for receipt of applications is July 30, 2017.